Friday, November 18, 2016

The Devoted





What a fitting end to The Bishop's Family series!  As always, with Suzanne Woods Fisher's books, lives are changed, answers are found and faith is deepened.
This one centers on Ruthie Stoltzfus and her search for meaning in life.  We join her struggle to decide between leaving the Amish and staying the course to make her life in Stoney Ridge.   She just wants to do something important and make a real contribution.  She develops a sincere admiration for her Aunt "Dok," her father's sister, who has come back to Stoney Ridge to set up a medical practice.  She brings a perspective that Ruthie could not have but Ruthie misses the point, which she does with some regularity.
The host of characters are back in this edition and there are plenty of real life story lines to keep you reading all the way through.  Suzanne brings to light the Amish struggle with many of the same issues we "Englishers" do.  They are not immune to the ways of the world.
I discovered Suzanne's books last winter and I have proceeded to work on reading everything she has written.  I review many types of books, fiction and non-fiction and I sometimes need relief from the murder, mayhem, political intrigue and the like.  When I pick up one of her books, I know that I will get that much-needed relief while at the same time reading a story that brings real life to my reading.  The added bonus is that her stories always bring faith lessons learned by the protagonist and reveal God's glory.
I simply "love" her books!  They are real, intelligent, human, and centered on God.
The Devoted can be read alone, as can all the books in her series and I suggest you "rush right out" and secure your copy!  I highly recommend this book, and all of her writing.
I give The Devoted five stars!  Learn more about Suzanne's books at suzannewoodsfisher.com.  Also at bakerpublishinggroup.com.
I received a copy of this book from Baker Publishing for the purpose of writing an honest review.  All words/opinions are my own.
Thanks so much for being here and happy reading to you!

Jeri~



No comments:

Post a Comment