Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Interlude ~~

Hellooo, I am still here.  I have had some problems getting books delivered  (new releases) to read and review.  Since my blog is strictly a book review blog, I have not been posting while I was waiting for these issues to be resolved.  I have had some resolution and am looking forward to reviewing for you soon.  One of my publishers has had a book in "being shipped" status on my account since Christmas!  I have sent an inquiry on that one twice.  The second time I asked for status on this, I did not  receive a reply (still haven't) and still don't have the book.  I moved on from that.  Another publishing house that I review for had email server issues and not all reviewers received the email to choose a book for February.  I waited for ten days after the normal arrival time for that email.  I was afraid I had been removed from the list and I did not want to know if I had!!  I mustered up my courage a week or so ago and emailed an inquiry to which I received a prompt reply describing the issue.  Whew!  I am still a reviewer in good standing with that house! The list of books to choose from was emailed to me then and I chose a book which I received a few days ago and will be reviewing soon for you.
In the interim, I have exhausted my personal stock of books that I have read over the years.  The last two books I reviewed for you were from my personal bookshelf so you can see I have been dealing with this for a few weeks.    I did not want to check a book out of the library to review.  I thought the long awaited "being shipped" tome may arrive in the mail and I would not be able to read and review it in a timely manner if I was involved in another story.  Alas!! Out of desperation I did visit the library and checked out a book by an author whose work I have not read before.  I came across the name in an email newsletter describing new releases for March.  MaryLu Tyndall is the author and she is releasing the third book in her Escape to Paradise series.  So, I checked out Book 1 of this series, thinking it would be something to read and review.  No spoilers here;  you must return and read the review, which will be forthcoming by the weekend!
I also look forward to reading a new release from Bethany House entitled "Dauntless" by Dina Sleiman.  It looks promising and is a new subject matter for me.  I have included here an image of both books for your viewing.  My apologies if you are a regular reader of this blog and you have checked in and found nothing here.  I look forward to giving my opinions and recommendations again soon!
Jeri
                                                                                             
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment