Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Honeymoon by James Patterson & Howard Roughan

Wow!!  Nora Sinclair is a mean lady!  That is the name of the central character in this murder mystery.  Written from the viewpoint of the FBI agent investigating her, this story takes off on the first page and doesn't stop until it's over.  You know from the start that she is the murderer;  what remains a puzzle and forms the meat of the book, is how she gets away with it and continues on from man to man.  She is beautiful and sophisticated.  She designs home interiors.  That is where she gets her victims.  Life with her is no honeymoon in the end.  She is a black widow serial killer.  The storyline takes us all over the east coast, up and down and to the Caribbean as well.  For me, this is a well told story because it kept me turning the pages and kept me in suspense.  The kicker is that she almost gets to murder John O'Hara, the agent watching her.  He watches a little too close and gets pulled into her web, adding a layer to the plot and adding to the suspense.  I had to lay it down now and then just to take a breath!  And, how refreshing to read a book that has been edited well enough to have good sentence structure, grammar and spelling.  This was published by Warner Books in 2005.  A friend loaned me this copy and I am on the hunt for more of this author's books.  Good read!

Jeri~


13147

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Looks great. Very exciting. I love action books so I may have to add this one to my summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete